YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE
A ViiV HEALTHCARE WEBSITE.
By clickingtapping this link, you will be taken to a website that is independent from ViiV Healthcare. The site you are linking to is not controlled or endorsed by ViiV Healthcare, and ViiV Healthcare is not responsible for the content provided on that site.
IF YOUR TEST COMES BACK POSITIVE
Take a deep breath. Being diagnosed with HIV today is different than it used to be. It's possible to live a healthy life. Just take it one step at a time.
HIV tests are usually very accurate, but if your result is positive, then you'll be given a follow-up test to make sure the diagnosis is right.
- HIV treatments can help lower the amount of virus in your blood (viral load)
- Most people can get their viral load to be undetectable with proper HIV treatment and by taking HIV medicines exactly as prescribed
- People with HIV who are on treatment, and have their viral load decreased, can now live healthier lives
- Work with a healthcare provider who can help you manage your HIV and keep your regular appointments
- There are a lot of people and places to turn to for HIV support—it's important to remember that you're not alone
Watch Out For
Changes In Your Mood
People living with HIV are more at risk
Find HIV resources in your area.